Wednesday 9 May 2012

Painting 2

Second day of painting - yesterday was mostly setting up properly and working on my other model.

I started by warming up the skin with some blush tones. I hope to try and upload the time lapse on here once I've edited the files together but before then here's just some images...




I then started to brown up the areas where more hair will grow... I did this by applying thinned down paint on and taking the excess off with a soft brush so as not to drown out the texture in the skin... The first to photos show me mixing equal parts A (clear) and B (two colours in this case), and then thinning them down with naphtha for strippling or airbrushing...






The wet FuseFX paints look very shiny and dry to a shimmer if it is left. After the last layer of paint I will spray the entire surface with clear Platgel A and B and then use matting powder (or icing sugar) to leave a matte texture on the surface. This will hopefully make him look less wet and painted...